When I started our family blog, naming it was easy. But trying to name this blog is much harder than I anticipated. (see the working titles on the poll below for verification.) Figured it would easier to crowdsource the project, and see what becomes of it. If Best Buy’s CMO can ask everyone to participate in writing a job description for them, surely we can create a decent name for this space, eh?
- We are constantly trying to justify the use of twitter and other social media channels for our association – and a simple exercise/example like this would be some extra ammo to use.
- This blog is kind of like my own experimental playground. Why not have some fun with it?
- Other people’s ideas are
always frequently oftenusually better than my own.
- It’s Friday, and hopefully a few of you out there are looking for a time-kill or distraction from the end of week wrap-up work!
Topics/Themes to be covered from time to time:
- Association Management
- Why Will Ferrell is the Funniest Man on the Planet
- Social Media Trends
- “The Office”
- Pop Culture Potpourri
- Work/Life Balance (not my advice, just exploring this mythical concept…)
Thinking about the channels and entry points to this site, content shortened URLs, retweets and emails will be the primary vehicles for traffic. At least a dozen people will see it… Then again, maybe there will be a surge in folks searching google for “random blog, topic undefined.”